Pathetic. I could dwell heavily on this word today. The 2 weeks ago me probably would have done just that, but the new “at least I got my ass off the couch” me is going to break it down into pros and cons instead. I am, however, going to deal with the cons first and just get over them right away so pathetic thinking is not in my last group of thoughts.
Let me preface all of this by saying I did NO fitness this weekend…….None. There, I said it out loud. Ouch. Second, I did not drink enough water making me lazier than I already wanted to be anyway. Ouch Ouch. And third, I ate like shit. Ouch X3. So here is the good and the bad of the overall……
1. Today SUCKED and hurt at class.
3. Complete mental relapse = emotional and physical detox
4. Slept in
5 I napped which made me want more napping
6. 3 words. Chocolate Chip Pancakes
7. It was beautiful weather outside while I was napping. 😦
8. Nothing got accomplished from the TO DO list except the chores my kids fulfilled.
1. I napped! I never get to nap! I love naps! Just sayin…….
2. Had time for awesome brunch with BFF….Yum, and I did NOT have Danish or mimosa.
3. Family game night was a blast!
4. Those 3 words. Choc Chip Pancakes that Emily made all by herself! Of course I ate them! Duh
5. My children giggling while playing “lost girls picnic” outside in the sunshine
I do feel bad for those CONS listed, but I know in my soul the lifestyle I strive to maintain will not stick until I change my mindset in a ton of ways. And as you can see, the cons in my mind still outweigh the pros. So stupid! Viewpoints will vary from person to person and day-to-day on all of the above, but I have to focus on what it all means to me combined. It’s a struggle. I can find a bright side in any situation and say it out loud, but believing it and living it for myself is always a battle. In recent conversations with friends, I am finding that I am not alone in this battle and that many women have this inner conflict.
Why as women, are we at war with ourselves so much of the time?
It is very frustrating to me that the psychological warfare going on is so much more powerful than I give it credit and it really does require constant attention. The willpower is there. The motivation is there. The need is there. So who is in charge of the evil little being that keeps me in bed and puts M&M’s in my mouth? That she-devil’s name is HABIT, BAD HABIT to be exact. I hate you BAD HABIT! I’m breaking up with you, so pack your crap and get out now. Now, go tell your friends, STUPID HABIT, UNNECESSARY HABIT, WASTEFUL HABIT and OMG, HABIT that they are next so they might as well pack up too. Get on board the movement everyone and kick all the HABITS you don’t like out of your life. Just do it! Happy Monday, peoples!! *hugs* M